New to me 98 Silverado in SLC, UT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had an 85 Chevy that was lifted. Body/paint was phenomenal, but the cost to lower and wheels/tires was too much. Also would have needed to put in cat and do some other repairs so I decided to sell it(which I did a few months ago) and have been keeping my eye out for a good truck. Kind of wanted a 99+ with the LS 5.3, but my dad bought a new truck and was getting rid of his old truck, so I decided to buy it. It is a 98 Chevy Silverado Extended cab with the 5.7L Vortec. My dad bought at the end of 1998 with about 35k miles on it. It now sits with just under 75k miles. I had planned on doing a few things with a newer truck, but with this I'll probably just keep it as is. It's not a daily driver and I expect to only put a couple of thousand miles on it each year so I expect I will have it for at least 10 years. It's got a few odds and ends problems and I'm hoping y'all will be helpful in figuring them out and/or getting them fixed.

You must be registered for see images attach

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my 85' that I sold a few months ago.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen that '85 driving around before. haven't seen it in a little while though so it was probably back when you had it.

the '98 looks pretty good too.

welcome

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably haven't seen this one driven around, but maybe. I only drove it for about 6 months in 2006 in Cottonwood Heights/Sugarhouse. Then it wasn't registered and there were some title issues. Between getting the correct title and being without work I never registered it and it was parked behind houses except for 1 drive while I moved it and one or two test drives before I sold it in July. The guy that bought it was from St Anthony.

Where are you at? I'm in Millcreek now.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw that specific one, with the snap on decal and everything. but it hasn't been for a while. I sometimes work around the sugarhouse area, so it might have been back in '06, I don't remember exactally, I just remember the snapon decal and that paint scheme.

I live out in Tooele now, but I work at several places around the SL valley.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, you may have seen me then. I honestly kind of miss it. It wasn't near as good a truck as this one is for functionality etc, but it was pretty clean paint wise. I bought it from a kid that worked at a body shop and had fixed it up. I had plans to lower it, but the cost and trouble of it were more than I wanted to deal with. I grew up in HS driving a 77 and I'm sure will always love that body style.