NEED HELP! 4L60E? Speedo issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyCowboy22

Reaction score
Need help with my truck. First off its a 1994 K1500 350 w/ 4L60E. Just installed 6 inch rcx lift and 35's. and had exhaust rerouted (don't know if thats a factor). I drove it home from exhaust shop drove great like normal. Wired in the brown wire off my electronic actuator (not the thermal one) (wired it to brown off of transfer case switch) and when I went to drive it again I had lost my speedometer and I have 2nd gear only with manual 1st gear. Only code being thrown is code 83 which is tcc quad controller circuit. I assumed tranny issue was caused by speedo issue. I've checked wiring from vss to vssb, replaced vss. The vssb to PCM wiring is fine. I have bat. Voltage to vssb. Tps is ok. All fuses ok. Ignition switch ok. From all the wiring diagrams I've seen there is one wire that feeds my speedo its lt blu/ black and if I check it I am getting 4.93v from it to the buffer. I'm getting 118mV from vss to vssb. 70mV to PCM. 70mV from PCM. Ground on vssb is ok. Ive tried 2 other vssb and same issue. Also my park brake cable is broke and my pedal is all the way to the floor yet the park brake light is not on. I cannot figure this out. I don't know why it's so sudden. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Remove the wiring for the actuator and then test drive the truck. If it drives properly, then you've found the problem.
My electric actuator came with several different instructions for several different year and drivetrain combinations.
Make sure you followed the correct instructions for your particular truck.

ChevyCowboy22

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I already tried that with no change. I guess really what I'm asking is if anyone would know the values of these feeds. I haven't a clue but I don't think there should be 5 volts from my speedo to the buffer. I figure it should be the other way around. At this point I feel like my cluster either shorted to power or my PCM is bad, just wondering what someone else opinion may be. Thanks.