NBS mirrors on a OBS (not the tow mirrors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Post pics when your done. I'd like to see them on your truck.
I don't plan on doing it to my truck until after the first of the year.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The mirror bases are entirely different. I played around with my GMT800 manual mirrors from the 02 on my 88 door a few years ago. It would be a good amount of work to get the base to look correct on the door.

The GMT800 towing mirrors only work because an aftermarket company started making them with the correct GMT400 base. I haven't seen that on any other mirror.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
The mirror bases are entirely different. I played around with my GMT800 manual mirrors from the 02 on my 88 door a few years ago. It would be a good amount of work to get the base to look correct on the door.

The GMT800 towing mirrors only work because an aftermarket company started making them with the correct GMT400 base. I haven't seen that on any other mirror.

How much work are we talking? I'm all for getting a set if I can mod them to fit. Do the studs mount in the same location as the stockers? Or is it just the base on the outside that presents problems with fitment?

I want to get some with the white insert. I really don't want to get mine painted because I'm not so sure about how the paint would hold up over time.