My "new" to me 95 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Tahoe is in my favorite truck color...Black.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the front end. Plans include possibly blacking it out, with crystal lights.

I picked it up for a mere $800 dollars off of a very nice guy who took good care of her. The rear end was totally gone in it, but otherwise it was ok. I never knew U-Haul made a trailer for this purpose.

This is actually my 3rd one of these. I really miss my Limited, and this one will be taking it's place, in more ways than one...

Here's the new rear end. Got it out of a 97 Yukon, for $150. It has the 3.73 gears AND a posi! Chad says I stole it for that price...

Here it is in the shop, waiting on my friends Chad Straessley and Andrew Metarko (and me) to install it. While they were doing that, Ben Ross and myself were trying to remove the rotted trailer hitch. We failed...miserably...lol.

This is whats left of the gearset in the old rear. Both pinion bearings were non-existant. Lack of fluid will do that. Chad found when he pulled the pan off, about 3 teaspoons full of oil came out. Looking in a little deeper, even though the gears seem fine, you can see a abnormal wear pattern there.

This is the first one I have owned that has a tailgate. I like it better than the barn doors.

The TBI 350 engine. I like this year of GM truck because it has the cheap to fix TBI system, and has the newer interior. Some prefer to call this the oddball year. It has 50 less hp than the 96 up Vortec, but can easily be tweaked to get that 50 and more. The Vortec, on the other hand, can't be easily or cheaply tweaked. LT1 cam alone is good for 30-35 hp alone on these TBI engines.

I installed the Denali cluster I had laying around it it...had to re-adjust the speedometer, otherwise it was ok. I have to get some 2825 bulbs for the cluster. Make the lighting a whole lot brighter!

Decided to do a nice wash job and take a few more pictures of the Tahoe...

Yes, thats snow coming in off Lake Authur...I need to fix that crooked antenna. Drives me nuts.

She got her tires dirty, so I decided to clean them in the lake...just not too far in of course...

It was definitely time for a tune up...Cap was shot...

As was this plug... And a few wires had splits in them.

Ordered some tune up stuff from Summit Racing.

A whole lot better now...Miss is gone... Oh, the wire looms have yet to be installed...waiting on a warm day to straighten things out. But another gremlin has reared it's head. When the boys were changing out the valve covers for me, they cleaned some of the little bit of sludge from the heads. Now I have a intermittent sticky (lazy) lifter...Gee, a new cam on the horizon?

Found the issue with why it wouldn't start occasionally...This is the fuel pump ground.

Replaced the front brakes, and both rotors looked like this...ugh.

The shocks were't any better. I scored at the wrecking yard in North Carolina. Found a set of 4 brand new Bilstein shock, with about 2k miles on them before the motor blew in the suburban they were on. Guy junked the sub, I got the shocks for 5 bucks each...

Got the cold air intake on, now for the wire looms. I think that cheesy filter needs to be bigger...

Installed the new headlights and corners, and shot the grille black.

Another subtle difference here, see if you can spot it.

Got the windjammer installed too. found this in the yard too.

Found this center console in a Ford Excursion...Painted it grey and black, and will stuff this in to replace the no cupholder console that GM gave me...

I also re-did the Denali cluster, as you can see below. Brightened it up, and installed my red needles. I'm very pleased with the results. I did a write up on how to do this the right way.