LOSS OF POWER! NEED HELP!!! 1998 VORTEC TAHOE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350VortecSSCT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well let's first start off Im throwing a po420 (Bank 1 sense 1) been replaced a few times. Once in awhile my "Check Gages" will flutter on my dashboard

I've noticed since then, loss of power, weird shifting, poor acceleration, and rpm/idle being off

SOMEONE PLEASE READ THIS AND CONTACT ME (203)984-7077

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
First off, no ones gonna call you. Just keep checking this thread.

-Via Mobile-

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
A P0420 DTC is Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold... i would bet that you Catalytic Converters are clogged. i would recommend removing both front O2 sensors and take her for a drive, if you get your power loss back then you know its the Catalytic Converters that are plugged. replaced them and roll out!

OpTic_G1BBY

Reaction score
You could have a cracked head same thing happend to my 350 a month or so ago loss in power no acceleration put it to the floor and would hit 60 in around 20-30 seconds but if the head is cracked make sure that the water and the oil isnt mixing like it was in mine it is a formula for disaster.