Issue with LED turns/corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I've had a set of switchbacks and a few different set of corner leds for a while now and finally got the motivation to install the resistors so I could use all of them.

Other than one switchback not making good contact in the socket, they work good. and the corners work great as long as my parking lights are on. If they aren't the corners won't flash when the turn signal is on.

Any idea what could be causing this? I tried a few different lights for the corners and had the same result. I know the way these lights are wired are goofy when it comes to leds, but I've seen a few people using this setup and not have problems.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, got a bigger problem. Everything works five when I turn the lights in when the truck is off. But when I start the truck, the turns go off. The led corners work fine though. I smelled a burning smell and saw a bit of smoke but never saw anything that looked burnt.

I unhooked the resistors and put the old bulbs back in and all is well. The led corners still work fine. I'm at a loss here.