GMT900 Cab lights on GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the GMT800's better. I'm not saying that just because I have clearance lights on my '03 but there's something about the GMT900 lights that seem "smushed" if you ask me. On the 400 trucks the factory 5 individual lights screams retro and I like it a ton (heh ton, get it HD?) obviously the 800 lights are a close second. If you decide you want 800 lights I have my original lenses and whatnot. I know they need a light sand and maybe a coat of clear plus the 5, 194 LED bulbs for each socket. Not looking to get much for them if anything at all. Nothing is physically wrong with them, I just put smoked Recon LED lights on instead.

I love the way the 800 lights look, although there is something I don't like about them on our trucks. Maybe it's the roundedness of them in the front versus the flat front of the stock 400 lights. The 900 lights are smaller in stature comparatively speaking so they don't "stick out" as much. There's not a lot of amber plastic screaming at you with the newer ones. I will keep those in mind if I change my mind, although I doubt that will happen.

absolutely shoud be the next step.

looks like a great idea, looking forward to seeing the finish product

Thanks mayne. Looking to match the cab, mirror and corner lights to try and give it a factory look.

The main reason I don't do this is because I'm too lazy to pull my head liner lol

Ha! Well I've got a overhead console that will be going in at that time too. I hate to drop it because it's it pristine shape but I don't think it'll be a problem.