GMT900 Cab lights on GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I've been thinking about cab lights and want something that I haven't seen a lot of. I like the look of the single 5 lights but everyone has done that already and personally I may like the "uncluttered" look of the 3 lights better. All of this got me thinking about maybe using lights from a 07.5+ truck, since I don't think the rounded look of the GMT800 lights fit my truck very well. I found a write up from GMFS where a guy installed them on his 01. Now....he used the light harness from an 02-07 and apparently (with exception of having to reverse the polarity in the harness for the LED's) the harness attaches to the GMT900 lights just fine.

What do ya think about installing these instead of any of the aftermarket lights? I like that they still retain 5 individual lights but with the bigger center. All of the aftermarket lights have 5-6 LED's in that center light and look like aftermarket, not factory. Pic of truck for reference.

Link to Install:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5346336

GMT900 Lights:
You must be registered for see images attach

GMT800 Cab light harness P/N: 15846970

I'll be getting tows (with lights) in a few months along with new corner lights (still amber)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why do you need the wiring harness? Do our trucks even have a place to plug it in?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they would probably look good with the lighted mirrors.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I would never poke holes in my roof unless specifically needed to be legal while towing. I wish I didn't have cab lights. The bulbs have always burned out quick, and they leak, now.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Why do you need the wiring harness? Do our trucks even have a place to plug it in?

I don't NEED the harness, but it's already got the connectors on there. So, instead of have multiple splices sitting above the headliner that may or may not fail over time I'd only have one, which would be readily accessible in the cab. That's why I was thinking about going that route. Guess it's a bit of OCD as well.

That's what I was thinking. They've got a nice clean look to them.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the GMT800's better. I'm not saying that just because I have clearance lights on my '03 but there's something about the GMT900 lights that seem "smushed" if you ask me. On the 400 trucks the factory 5 individual lights screams retro and I like it a ton (heh ton, get it HD?) obviously the 800 lights are a close second. If you decide you want 800 lights I have my original lenses and whatnot. I know they need a light sand and maybe a coat of clear plus the 5, 194 LED bulbs for each socket. Not looking to get much for them if anything at all. Nothing is physically wrong with them, I just put smoked Recon LED lights on instead.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score

absolutely shoud be the next step.

looks like a great idea, looking forward to seeing the finish product

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The main reason I don't do this is because I'm too lazy to pull my head liner lol