Engine shakes, briefly, on startup. 5.7, 1999 Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
My C1500 has been developing a predictable shake upon startup. But ONLY if it's set for at least a half hour or so. If I'm just hopping out to go grab a soda and get back in, it doesn't shake.

Engine RPM reads about 450 on the dash, doesn't try to stall. Just, shakes. It doesn't throw a misfire code, nor does it fluctuate RPM. It just shakes.

But if I rev the engine up to around 1800-2000, the shake mostly goes away. Usually completely.

Cannot find any vacuum leak.

The truck has the old spider injectors--- I swapped the intake gasket in Dec 2016 and saw that the injectors looked spiffy-clean, and didn't know about the upgrade MPFI injectors.

My wild guess is that the fuel pressure regulator is leaking when the vehicle is off, and it's running stupid-rich from the puddles of fuel, until it's sucked up by idling a few minutes or a good rev.

Plugs (NGK platinum) are 1 year old, wires are also 1 yr old, all are connected well. Dist cap and rotor are AC Delco and 8 months old.