Does this diagnosis make sense?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbsharon

Reaction score
New mechanic, seems like he knows what he is talking about but want confirmation. I am getting misfire and rough running uphill. Replace all ignition parts and also checked fuel pressure and it is good. He tells me that something is leaking in the intake manifold (maybe injectors or fuel pressure regulator- haven't heard exact part yet) and manifold is filling with fuel. Uphill fuel is running down into back cylinder bank and causing cylinders to flood yielding the problem. Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone else previously experienced this? I can find some reference to this issue but not much online. Any help appreciated.
GB

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I guess it could be possible but if your injector is bad enough to flood out the back cylinders then you should notice it more than just when going uphill. Its not impossible but without checking it out myself i couldnt say yes or no for sure but they are prone to failure. If you do change it look into a MPFI upgrade, it gets rid of the junky poppet style injectors and its a drop in replacement.

gbsharon

Reaction score
Will definitely be doing the Multi- Port upgrade if this is the issue. May even do it regardless while I'm in there. Could this issue also potentially be the fuel pressure regulator?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Will definitely be doing the Multi- Port upgrade if this is the issue. May even do it regardless while I'm in there. Could this issue also potentially be the fuel pressure regulator?
From the symptoms discribed in the first post i would say no. Usually when the regulator goes itll start hard and run super rich at idle. The new mpfi injector should also comes with a regulator depending on which one you buy.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
No, it doesn't really make sense. Has he already replaced all these parts to no avail?