Dash Light Burning Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello... I have a problem in my 93 with a bulb in the dash that keeps burning out. When it goes out my gauges all go crazy - the only way they will work is when I turn the dimmer all the way down. Replacement bulb only works for a short while.

Could that be a bad wire somewhere under the dash or would it be that board with all the guages/lights?

I'm guessing if a normal bulb burns out an LED bulb would do the same?

thanks!

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a wire crossed, or a bad ground. I don't understand a bulb going out and affecting the rest of the system, its not wired in series like Christmas lights where when one bulb goes out they all do.... lol

Reaction score
Yeah - I guess I gotta start with some checking under the dash for possible wire issues then I'll open up the guage cluster... again!

I had a similar problem with a ground on the frame - was completely messing up the sensor readings and the timing advanced to where I couldn't even see the mark. Pinging was so bad I couldn't drive it.

If I find anything worth sharing will post...

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I just had a bulb go out in my truck's dash about two weeks ago- I was thinking "All right, time for LED's!"

I had to do a double take on the way home last night because it was working again. Truck is playing mind games with me. :lol:

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
That's how my number 3 amber bulb on my Lund Visor is. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually when its hot out its fine. LOL