Clutch pedal problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok guys so heres whats been happening. My clutch pedal on my five speed has always sat lower then the brake pedal. So i inspected it and didnt see a problem with it. So i slightly pulled up on the pedal to try to bring it back out. It made a loud popping noise and now my pedal can swing up from where it sits when engaged toward the dash. It still works fine im just curious as to what i broke so i can fix it. ITS not leaking anywhere and so that tells me its got to be something with the linkage inbetween the pedal and slave cylinder. Anyone fimiliar with this problem and/or linkage parts?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you pulled the rod outta the master.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sounds like you pulled the rod outta the master.......

But wouldnt it be leaking the hydraulic clutch fluid if so? It hasnt leaked any fluid i keep checking it. Ive been driving all day today no problem i just dont want to be stuck on the side of the road or my clutch randomly stop working

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rod clips into a recess in the cylinder.. it can come out if yanked hard....

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes you can get them to click back in... not always though.... easier to take it out to do it though... but at that point you might as well just get a new one....

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bushing on the pedal could have broken too. Although probably wouldn't account for that much movement.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know where he can find parts for the pedal
Bushings and spring? I tried looking on LMC to no avail