5.7 vortec. Too hot to start??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's 105+ here in Texas. And occasionally my truck doesn't wanna start. It's always around noon.(hottest part of the day)

All my fluids are fine. and it'll start like normal whenever it's at a different time or in the shade...

It sounds like it doesn't have the fuel pressure to get it started.
It'll turn over, and start and quickly quickly die out. Like a tease... haha

I've replaced the fuel pump last year, and the fuel filter 3 days ago. I don't know if it's just because it's so hot, or if there is a serious problem...?!

Any ideas?!?

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay now it's just having trouble starting all-together.

The fuel pump is fine. If it actually starts, i can rev it all the way up to 5000+ rpms no problem.

Plan on getting a fuel pressure gauge to see what I can figure out tomorrow. If it starts, that is...

I'm assuming that there's a leak somewhere in the system whether it's a hose on the top of the fuel pump, or the fuel pressure regulator having a busted seal...

Any ideas?! Experiences??

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I would guess your injectors are leaking down and not holding pressure the vortecs are pretty sensitive to fuel pressure... now how that would have anything to do with heat I don't know I would Bet it's just coincidence

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I would guess your injectors are leaking down and not holding pressure the vortecs are pretty sensitive to fuel pressure... now how that would have anything to do with heat I don't know I would Bet it's just coincidence

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

If you want to check if the injectors are leaking you can pull the intake off and look town into the intake manifold through the TB and if you see any wet or really clean spots then your poppets are getting stuck open and leaking

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a pressure gauge on it today.

Turn the key : straight to 60 psi then hops down to 55 and verrrrry slowly goes down.

Start : 55 psi.

The pressure seems fine... But that was right after it was running. But I will check about the injectors...

I'm really hoping that's not the problem.. haha

norad848

Reaction score
I assume that those are OE injectors in your truck?