305 v8 to 350 v8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried searching but didnt find anything, I have the 305 v8 tbi in my 95 sierra rcsb and im thinking it needs a flywheel. Well im wondering if im going to do surgery should I just throw a 350 tbi in there? If I do is it a direct swap? same mounts/computer/harness/tranny everything?? And would it even be worth it? Would I notice a difference? Thanks for any input guys

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it were me i would find a 95 truck with a decent drivetrain 350 with and automatic like you want and swap motor and trans into yours look for a truck that someone is selling with a rotted body or bad frame ,also you could check with local salvage yards for a motor trans combo with the ecm out of the same truck,mounts manifolds and wiring is the same between 305 and 350. thats my 2 cents on the subject

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats not a bad idea! Then i'd have the truck I really want! I'll look into it... Is it only 95 trucks that will swap? I heard this is an odd year...

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transmission in these are 95 only, But you can use juat about any 350 that was tbi in your truck, just may have to swap over some sensors.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You will need to be sure to swap in some 350 fuel injector's and use a 350 chip or get a custom one, your truck will run with the 305 chip, but it won't have all the power it could.