1995 to 1993 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmanshane

Reaction score
I found a used 1993 350 tbi it came out of a half tun 4x4. I should have no problems re building it and swapping it into my 1995 tbi 2x4 right?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
About the only differences you will find between those engines is that the 4X4 will have a different oil filter mount, which you can swap your other one in by just removing the filter and a couple of bolts. Suggested if you do this spend the couple of bucks for a new gasket set for the filter mount. Very cheap, good insurance against leaks.

The other difference will be the 1995 intake has a lip on it to use the cut O-ring style thermostat gasket, the 1993 probably still uses a paper gasket. Big deal right. :D

Richard

dmanshane

Reaction score
Thanks richard I totally spaced the. Oil filter I knew I could swap the Mount. And I'm thinking about getting a high performance tbi manifold. The engine I found is complete minus 1 rocker cover. And I have 2 covers off of a 91 305 I think it will work not for sure. Wanting to build engine on spare time then swap out on a weekend

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Get a set of rebuilt vortec heads, a vortec to carb intake and a 4bbl to tbi adapter. There are a few write ups on the vortec head swap. It'll be worth it.

dmanshane

Reaction score
What about a good cam that works well with tbi I see edelbrock has one

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Nothing more than a towing cam.

Comp has one too

Give me a minute to find some links.