1995 k1500 5.7 350 leaking coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan Pope

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Chevy k1500 with the sb350 5.7,i bought the truck in October knowing it needed a intake gasket and had a small coolant leak because of this.november it began to leak coolant more I thought it was the water pump so I replaced the water pump and gaskets with a carquest “heavy duty” pump felpro gaskets..still leaks coolant though it must just be intake manifold this weekend tore the whole top of the engine off replaced Intake gaskets with felpro gaskets replaced every gasket on manifold while I had it off including heater hose fitting(which broke off in manifold and set me back for hours)the intake is no longer leaking no coolant puddles on intake manifold or anything,yet something around the water pump area is leaking I can feel around on the back side of lower radiator house where it goes on water pump and it is wet back there,so what could this be,was I sold a faulty water pump by advanced auto or is a bigger issue in store?the lower rad hose has also been replaced.this motor has been taken very good care of oil changed every 3,000 miles and regular maintenance done.someone help me out here?

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Throw a pressure tester on it and listen/feel around for where it's coming out. Much easier when it's not running so you don't have to worry about getting injured.

Richard