1994 4l60e limp mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kord

Reaction score
So pretty wierd going on with my suburban now. This will be a pretty long description of what Ive got going on and what I think may be connected, My rig is a 94 suburban. So the trans is in limp mode.(p,r,3rd when in drive, and I have 2nd manually). I checked the codes on the engine and had a code 81. It was for one of the shift solenoids. Also had a ton of abs codes. I cleared the abs and engine codes.By disconnecting the battery. The truck drove fine and shifted through all the gears. I go out the next day fire it up and its back in limp mode. So I have done this a few times where I can disconnect the battery for a few minutes and get it to run fine. But it always go back into limp mode. So would it be the solenoids are acting up? Is it possible for them to work intermittently? I just ordered some online so they will be here at the end of the week. The ABS light has never come back on, but my break lights dont work and neither do my hazards. But the turn signals, and running lights do. Could those be somehow connected to the tranny acting up. The only reason I ask is because the times I have started the truck after clearing the codes and starts up in limp mode the abs light and parking brake light stay on for about 5 seconds then go out. The times I got it to drive normal they didn't come on at all. So these are my questions can the solenoids work intermintetly? and could the limp mode be connected in anyway to the abs light coming on? Thanks in advance for the help!