Yay or Nay to Black Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
IMO either both the bumper and grill should be black, or they should be chrome. It sticks out that they're different to me... But again IMO

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
IMO either both the bumper and grill should be black, or they should be chrome. It sticks out that they're different to me... But again IMO

Yea i'm defiantly gonna black out the bumper to, there's something about the chrome on these trucks that just gets boring after a while

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
All those who oppose the chrome say aye. Aye! In other words I like the black better haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would leave the chrome, but i'm old school. I like white letters out too....

I think you should black out the bumper if you keep the black grill. What did you use to paint it?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score

94+ GMCs have colormatched grills and chrome bumpers :lol:

But yeah for some reason they can pull it off and Chevys cant.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i say leave it black with with a chrome grill i did that with my stepside and loved it i also tinted my side markers and it look sweet its something about maroon truck with a black grille and a chrome bumper that looks good

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if your gonna leave the grill something other than chrome it needs to be color matched. Thats the only way it would look right to me with a chrome bumper and also why the gmc grill (which I have lol) works when colormatched with a chrome bumper....

Just my .02 though....