y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installing my ebay "Tuningpros" headers and looking for a replacement ypipe since that is the only part of my exhaust that is not new, ive seen the ypipes from JBA and edelbrock and flowtech but since they all say use with whatever headers they sell, what ones will work?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they Shorty style headers like manifolds? jegs sells offroad y pipes that fit stock manifolds and should fit shortys too

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i was looking at EDIT"long tube"EDIT headders the other day. i just don't want to spend that much on them.

Edit again! that Ypipe is $150..... i didn't pay that much for my exhaust

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gonna get an offroad y and a cat back, but it was going to be like 150 more just for the parts and then I had to do the install. That's why I let the local shop do it. I am really happy with it though, probably more so than if I had done it myself.....

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the link ordered the y pipe.
I was lucky I found a 3" magnaflow muffler on craigslist for $40, cut my cat off and put a chunk of 3" pipe a muffler shop didnt want, and a factory 3" tailpipe from a 1 ton 454, $80. The sound is nice and growly.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem man. Good deal on your setup, nothing like using what you got.....

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE: I installed a new motor and had trouble witht the stock y pipe, after installing the Tuningpros headers, the ypipe is wider than the headers are so you have to bend the pipes in and this will cause leaks.