y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AppleJuz

Reaction score
UPDATE: I installed a new motor and had trouble witht the stock y pipe(I call it Borla), after installing the Tuningpros headers, the ypipe is wider than the headers are so you have to bend the pipes in and this will cause leaks.

Oh.. that turned out...pretty nasty. So how about now, fixed it yet? :| me thinks, I need more updates.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would a 3" Y-Pipe really help with shorty headers or would it be just a waste of money??

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in my expierence the size of the head pipes on the y depended on the size donut needed to seal the header, and i usually just cut a couple inches out of the pipe and slip a coupling over it to connect it so you can adjust for width, or just cut through it and take 1 side to the muffler shop and have them expand 3'' or so so the other side slips in it for adjustment. the y pipe on the edelbrock t.e.s. is like this.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I've gotta 3 in ypipe on stock maanifold I would saythat it makes a,diff although im not sure how much

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my tuning pro headers and the y-pipe being too wide. The link for the Jegs Y pipe says 88-93 but since nothing from that back is stock on my truck will it still fit? I can't really take it to a muffler shop cause I deleted the cat and the ticking is driving me nuts. I don't really mind the $160 if i'm sure it will fit and not leak.