WTB: Working factory radio - late 90s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Doh!! This is exactly the situation I'm looking for... hoping to catch it before it hits the trash!
I have this radio/cassette player in both trucks, but they both have issues. The one in the crew cab, the cassette deck kicks out any tape you attempt to put in it(probably broken drive belt). Radio works fine though. Suburban system has the separate CD player too, and they work fine until you hit too many bumps or the unit heats up after a while. I have the complete stereo out of the other burb, but no time to swap them out (and Burb needs more pressing things done like getting it running again!). I have an Escalade stereo and CD player to put in the crew cab, but I don't have time currently to get it installed either. Hopefully it works, the Slade was low mileage and clean inside so I'm hopeful. Once it stays warmer for a while, and I get some other stuff taken care of, maybe I can get around to the swap on the crew cab.
Be nice to have a CD player in the crew cab since that's my swap meet truck; first disc that gets played in it is going to be one from my late buddy Denny Freeman. I've been "test driving" every car/truck stereo with his music, for over thirty years. His first two albums just got released from Jungle Records, available at Antone's Record Shop, and his later albums are available from them as well.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have this radio/cassette player in both trucks, but they both have issues. The one in the crew cab, the cassette deck kicks out any tape you attempt to put in it(probably broken drive belt). Radio works fine though. Suburban system has the separate CD player too, and they work fine until you hit too many bumps or the unit heats up after a while. I have the complete stereo out of the other burb, but no time to swap them out (and Burb needs more pressing things done like getting it running again!). I have an Escalade stereo and CD player to put in the crew cab, but I don't have time currently to get it installed either. Hopefully it works, the Slade was low mileage and clean inside so I'm hopeful. Once it stays warmer for a while, and I get some other stuff taken care of, maybe I can get around to the swap on the crew cab.
Be nice to have a CD player in the crew cab since that's my swap meet truck; first disc that gets played in it is going to be one from my late buddy Denny Freeman. I've been "test driving" every car/truck stereo with his music, for over thirty years. His first two albums just got released from Jungle Records, available at Antone's Record Shop, and his later albums are available from them as well.
Keep in mind the Escalade stereos are usually Bose units that don't output speaker-level audio and will require an amplifier. In case you didn't already know ;)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Escalade stereos are usually Bose units that don't output speaker-level audio and will require an amplifier. In case you didn't already know ;)
This one doesn't say Bose on it. I might be able to get another head unit; I have a couple of extra separate CD players. And that all important cable that goes between them....

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score