WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
for anyone with an answer really. idk if BB is a vortec only or tbi only thing or if its for both. if its for both, why not the 411 set up on vortecs over BB

I have other projects that are more important to me than this truck. Time and money. I just want to do it and be done.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for anyone with an answer really. idk if BB is a vortec only or tbi only thing or if its for both. if its for both, why not the 411 set up on vortecs over BB

its not like an 'one OR the other' type of thing. the 411 is an actual physical PCM, where a tune from anywhere like BB is just the data and parameters which are programmed in the PCM. and even if you do the 411 swap, you'll need to get a tune on it to work correctly. so you could do the 411 PCM and have Justin at BB tune it for you.

I've never got a BB tune, but I did buy EFILive from Justin and he's a great guy, I'd recommend him anytime.

6789olds

Reaction score
its not like an 'one OR the other' type of thing. the 411 is an actual physical PCM, where a tune from anywhere like BB is just the data and parameters which are programmed in the PCM. and even if you do the 411 swap, you'll need to get a tune on it to work correctly. so you could do the 411 PCM and have Justin at BB tune it for you.

I've never got a BB tune, but I did buy EFILive from Justin and he's a great guy, I'd recommend him anytime.

what is a 411 pcm ? is it out of a diff year of truck ?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a 12200411 PCM. its out of alot of things, F and Y bodies, trucks, Vans, etc. they used them through alot of years, but I believe 2000-2002 is when they are most common. this thread is all about swapping the OBDII GMT400 black box PCM's for the 411:
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240