WIRE HARNESS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Sierra 4.3 and a 5.7 vortec out of a 1998 tahoe with transmission, wiring, computer to swap.everything is the same except the wiring going into the passenger side. what do I need to do?

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put your 96 harness back into your 96 V6 truck. Install the 5.7 V8 engine and plug everything in except for the BIG CPI connector. Cut off the BIG CPI connector from the V6 harness. Cut off the BIG CPI connector from the V8 harness and graft it into the V6 harness. Run the two additional wires for the extra two injectors to the PCM. Have the PCM flashed for the 5.7 and enjoy.

Jeff

Reaction score
Put your 96 harness back into your 96 V6 truck. Install the 5.7 V8 engine and plug everything in except for the BIG CPI connector. Cut off the BIG CPI connector from the V6 harness. Cut off the BIG CPI connector from the V8 harness and graft it into the V6 harness. Run the two additional wires for the extra two injectors to the PCM. Have the PCM flashed for the 5.7 and enjoy.

Jeff
Thanks for the info but is there any other way besides that... what does the wires on the passenger side go to?