Wiper Arm Removal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ya i have a 97 yukonGt, gonna be repainting a few parts where paint has peeled or flaked away and one is the wiper arms. so i'm wondering, how do you get these things off? my chiltons book has a little part but first thing it says is Remove washer hose...i'm like why remove wash hose when the sprayer isnt attached to the wiper in anyway. so i need someone to please let me know how to remove these wiper arms.

Reaction score
im not exactly sure what you mean... what do i push down on? i have the wiper itself removed so its just the arm. when i have the arm locked away from the windshield i can pull this flat part down by the base up a little, then when i put it back down, theres like a little round thing at the bottom. im just not sure what you mean to pull off. i hope you dont mean the wiper blades, those are easy to remove, its this wiper arm i cant figure out how to remove.

Reaction score
Lift the arm up.. pull that little tab out, put the arm back down.. and pull up

Alright Thank You! Finally understand how you remove these arms. now just gotta sand them down and repaint them black. money is an issue but atleast it wont be all flaked and crappy lookin. THANKS!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna do mine soon too. I'm using satin. Did you use flat? I like satin because it stays cleaner and doesn't get chalky in the sun.

Reaction score
I'm gonna do mine soon too. I'm using satin. Did you use flat? I like satin because it stays cleaner and doesn't get chalky in the sun.

yeah i just used flat. ive noticed they get chalky and i have not even put them on the truck. im thinking about painting the wiper cowl cuz its starting to fade. Hell when i get this thing repainted someday then im gonna be putting chrome arms on and replacing the cowl because the cowl had cracks in it and by then probably need a new one. these lil repaints will last for now until i can get some mechanical work completed (front suspension bushings and trans tune-up. drive this thing on the freeway and it has issues down-shifting)

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ditto on how you should have gone with satin. flat is just not a good color anymore.