Windshield and rear glass Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Any one ever remove their windshield and rear glass with just regular garage tools? Im starting to work on my cab this weekend and I want to remove them to make sure that the metal under it is in good shape. I will paint underneath it to make sure it never rots out ...

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to your auto parts store and get the correct tool and do it right. No reason to try and use garage tools you will risk breaking the glass. You can try and use piano wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
call a mobile glass company they will remove it quik and easy with a heat knife the glass guy near me does gmt400 windshields installed new for 180 so removing them cant be much over 50 bucks for both

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
can you buy the actual tool at a local parts store? For some reason I thought it was something only glass dudes had..lol ... The mobile glass installer is a pretty good ideer! I think im going to do that!!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you can buy the tool. I didn't even think about those mobile giys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got a loong razor knife and the cold knife from the tool trucks. i don't recommend the cold knife if your trying to save the windshield. i may try just the razor knife soon on mine. i would like to know how to remove the back glass from my 98 itsa slider and sticks out more than the solid glass on my 92.