Window tint help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

20% sides and rear, 30% front windshield.

i don't advise it unless you have HIDs. but i LOVE no glare at night and no bright sun during the day. i must also add that my truck isn't a daily driver...

and yes, cops love me. (but i have a medical exemption on file with the DMV)

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah if it is as sexy as DeWaynes truck and not a DD and you have a medical waiver...go for it! ha

rccoco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got 3% on all windows except the windshield. Just got pulled over and ticketed from a state trooper last saturday. id say get 35% or 20% so its dark but not too dark for cops.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually run 20% as well. Haven't been hassled for it anywhere in the south. My 98 had tint when I bought it an it's either 5 or 10%. They are dark as fock an I like it lol. I've been thinking lately of doing the windshield but I don't want to push my luck since I know they are way illegal without drawing more attention.

I just make sure if I get pulled over to roll both windows down as soon as the cop lights up. They have never said anything about it....

GAZ7198

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im trying to get what ever is the darkest but legal not the windshield

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looks like Georgia state law is 32% front windows and as dark as you want in the side rear and rear. Strip can't be lower that the AS1 like on the windshield.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the factory 70%?

I thought about getting mine tinted, but only slightly more so. Anyone have 35% over the factory? I'd like to see that. I would do 50% over the factory, but I'm not sure if that would even make a difference really. My interior looks really good, and I want to keep as much UV off it as possible, while still making it look stock.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Is the factory 70%?

I thought about getting mine tinted, but only slightly more so. Anyone have 35% over the factory? I'd like to see that. I would do 50% over the factory, but I'm not sure if that would even make a difference really. My interior looks really good, and I want to keep as much UV off it as possible, while still making it look stock.

Yes, factory is 70%. And mine is 35% over the factory, first reply to this thread I have a pic.