Window felt trim removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to see if there is a diy on window felt trim removal trying to see if its self explanatory. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The outside, lower trim on the door, at the bottom of the window? Remove (or at least loosen) the side view mirror, and slide the trim forward then lift off. If your truck is an older model, the trim may have integral metal clips that you'll have to gently pry away from the door. That was actually a superior fastening method; the new style sucks and slides around.

Replacement pieces from LMC are junk. What's sad is then I got some from GM and they looked the same...

How you get to the mirror depends on what year. 1988-1994 remove the door panel. 1995-up you can do it just by carefully popping off the triangle trim piece; it has one push-pin fastener near the top/middle, and a tab going into the door panel. Careful not to drop any mirror nuts inside the door.

Richard

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks just cleaned my old oem one up an seems to be holding up pretty well thanks!!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The plastic edging on them can sure look crappy over the years; if yours are still holding tight to the door they're definitely worth hanging onto because the replacements suck. My body shop used a Turtle Wax product called Trim Restorer on the plain plastic parts of my truck, the stuff looks amazing, no idea how long it lasts. One drawback is it's a bit oily.

Richard