window and door lock switches.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
hey guys, does any one know if you can change the bulbs in the window and door lock switches? if so any one done it? Ive heard u can replace the bulbs in the stock radio, had anyone done this also? any input is appreciated

-Mike

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
yes, take the switches out and off, there is a small screw bulb that lights up both the window and lock. this is assuming you have a 95+ truck

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
yes sir i do 97, thanks man for the reply i may look into it today and see what i can do with, driving me nuts been burnt out at night. Just wanted to make sure it was posible to before i went thro the trouble in taking em out. again thank you, Mike

logikfive

Reaction score
Stock radios are a ***** to change the bulbs. You have to disassemble the face of the radio, unsolder the bulbs on the circuit board and solder new ones in place.

I used to do it, I still can do it, but there really isn't much money in it anymore. You are much further ahead just replacing it with an aftermarket unit.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Stock radios are a ***** to change the bulbs. You have to disassemble the face of the radio, unsolder the bulbs on the circuit board and solder new ones in place.

I used to do it, I still can do it, but there really isn't much money in it anymore. You are much further ahead just replacing it with an aftermarket unit.

oh okay i was afraid of that , I was hoping it was like normal bulbs but since its not ill either leave it or replace it with an aftermarket unit. thanks for your input