Will this work for double din?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn it, figured it was too good to be true. Custom it is...

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want the simplest/cleanest double-din install for our trucks, albeit not cheap, check out TheDetailss.com double-din dash kit. Just got mine. You will still have do some minor plastic fabricating/cutting/sanding. But this makes it far easier and makes for a completely polished and reusable install.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ I agree. If you are gonna spend the big bucks for double din might as well do it right the first time.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
or you could do it yourself and save a lot of money....I will say that kit looks pretty awesome but i do a double din in my truck, im going to do it like I did last time.

This is what foreverfalcon on FSC said about it

I ordered the kit...

What a PAIN IN THE ASS TO INSTALL!

You need the newer DD units not the older one or else you will bonding and Fiberglassing.

I have a D3 Its installed but it took me forever and I had to cut one of the clips out that held the dashshroud in. I ended up re installing the shroud with a self tapping screw and covered it with a cap.

YOU NEED A NEWER DD DECK AKA BIGGEST SCREEN!

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ man i do love your old setup and would be down to do it except i really want to keep my hvac in the dash. The pic i posted is perfect and all it takes is some bonding and sanding. Props on your old set up though!

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the crazy one. I don't consider $160 to be a retarded amount of money - particularly for something like this that would cost you hundreds or more at any Car Audio/Video shop to have installed.

You must be registered for see images