Will I ever stop?.....Nah, probably not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I couldn't resist. Acquired my third truck in 6 days. First the very clean Yukon for $1000, the free (almost complete) parts truck yesterday, and now a '97 Tahoe LT.

I'll get pics up tomorrow, too dark to take them now. Long story short, I was on the way home from dropping off the parts truck at storage, and decided to stop and ask about this Tahoe I had seen for awhile peeking out from around this hole-in-the-wall shop. $400 later, I'm on my way home with it.

He was a nice old Mexican guy, couldn't understand damn near anything he said, but basically "motor is no good". Which I have proven wrong before, there's no water in the oil, so we'll see. So, for $400 (yes, with the title) I couldn't say no. Clean and straight body, save one tiny dent right behind the rear passenger door and some peeling paint on the hood and front of the roof. White with tan leather, and the only thing wrong with the seats is a strange tear on the drivers side, looks more like an accident than the usual "I can't pick my @$$ up enough to get in" wear. Low option, nothin real special. Bone stock, not even an aftermarket head unit. Headliner is sagging, but the carpet is very clean, surprisingly. It was a nice surprise to find the cupholder in the console, which the Yukon also has, scored twice in a week! Compass but no temp in the mirror.

Not keeping this one. Probably will swap out the leather seats with the cloth from the Yukon, get it running, and flip it.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Be careful man, your gonna get it runnin and decide to keep it and build all 3 trucks

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Be careful man, your gonna get it runnin and decide to keep it and build all 3 trucks

Nah, maybe if it was a different color or something, but the Yukon is WAY higher optioned and in better shape. I'd rather make some easy money off of the Tahoe to spend on Scarlett (red) and the Yuke. As of now the only thing I'd replace the Yukon with is a red Hoe/Yuke/Burb or a PPV. And even then I'd rob whatever they wouldn't have from it first for me to keep haha

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hoarder? Maybe today, but keep going like this, & 10 years from now, when these trucks become collectible, you'll be the guy with all the parts! Lol!
You're doing all this living in an apartment? I'm on 2 acres & couldn't get away with this. The city'd be on my a$$!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Yeah, the parts truck got put elsewhere since it couldnt pass as running. The other 4 are in the parking lot though haha