Will a superduty axle work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
a jeep axle, any jeep axle would be much too short.

if your just using the truck with no intended offroad purpose then you may as well not do it in general in my mind. if your scared to do a swap because theres not many build threads then dont try it because no matter how closely you find someone elses build they are all different and have variations.

theres a superduty swap on pirate also btw

Last edited:

shrekmoose

Reaction score
The jeep axle is full width from a j20 truck its an 8 lug 44 the fab part im not worried about it ive done a couple s10 sas. This is simply to have a more reliable lifted truck and something different, it will be used as a truck just not a trail truck. Besides that the fact I can do this for around the price I would end up in a nice 6 inch ifs lift.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
its been done before, a guy by the name of ryan bambach took a 89 2wd crew dually and put a built twin turbo cummins in it with a complete superduty coil front and dodge flip out mirrors, became a pull truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqSsTo5PBuc&list=UUQ8LvsSl8VgH6-gfNhXUleA

horns made a thread on him. thats for the 05+ superduty axle, i believe he also used a newer 11.5 AAm rear axle as well

as for a leaf sprung super duty axle theres a build on pirate he used a late 90s axle on an early 90s black chevy. i cant seem to find the build but ill keep looking.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
another thing to consider is a superduty leaf spring axle (or any axle that requires the 36.5 spring width,) with large tires the tires will rub the springs and limit your turning radius. Which is why everyone who wants to do a SAS wants the 77-79 axles.
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=34

Would love to have a coil spring set-up, only swap i've seen was years ago back on CTW chevy truck world.... would love to find it and attempt to recreate his build. It was a rclb 3500 single or two tone blue and it was his plow truck.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
another thing to consider is a superduty leaf spring axle (or any axle that requires the 36.5 spring width,) with large tires the tires will rub the springs and limit your turning radius. Which is why everyone who wants to do a SAS wants the 77-79 axles.

Would love to have a coil spring set-up, only swap i've seen was years ago back on CTW chevy truck world.... would love to find it and attempt to recreate his build. It was a rclb 3500 single or two tone blue and it was his plow truck.

That is an excellent point, that is why the late 70's F250's are the recommended axles.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=34

Would love to have a coil spring set-up, only swap i've seen was years ago back on CTW chevy truck world.... would love to find it and attempt to recreate his build.
It was a rclb 3500 single or two tone blue and it was his plow truck.

johnnyU's truck? the blue and silver one with the yellow accents? hes on here he sold the truck a long time ago.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Truck Build/IMG_1643.jpg