Will a '93 Suburban front clip fit a '97 W/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ala.frosty

Reaction score
Hi: I'm a newbie here at GMT400.com. I've searched this forum for info on my question but didn't find anything. Seems like it should be in the "body" section, but maybe I have that wrong. I just picked up a '97 K1500 w/t with front end damage. I need to replace the hood, bumper, rad support, grille and a bunch of other stuff .. maybe the fenders. A local guy is selling a '93 Suburban complete front clip for $200 and if that is a direct bolt-on, it seems pretty reasonable to me. I've read that there are bumper differences between the 'burbs and the pickups, but I can't actually find out what they are. I also found some mention of a frame "horn" difference, but I have no idea what that means. If the rest of the front clip will bolt up but not the bumper, it's probably still worth my while .. unless the pickup bumper sits differently from the 'burb. I'm also missing a front body hook. Not sure if that's on the suburban or not.

Any guidance would be most appreciated. Basically, what will bolt up to the truck to replace the commonly bent front bits?

Thank you.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
In short, yes it will bolt on BUT you are going to have to do some wiring on the headlights to go from the sealed beam to composites but that's pretty simple. Your biggest problems going to be straightening that frame, especially the drivers side. It took a good shot there. If you're handy with a welder, see if you can get the frame horns from the Suburban also and cut off the damaged ones and weld on the replacements with a couple plates covering the cut to add strength. Having the frame pulled could get expensive real quick.

Bumpers are the same also, Its the brackets that differ. 94+ are an inch longer to accommodate the redesigned grill,filler panel. Be sure to get the 93' bumper brackets