WI Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Hello all.

Back in October I picked up a 94 Blazer 6.5 with 203K on it for a pretty good price. My plan was for it to be my winter beater/dog carrier/parents' summer tow rig. I tossed an intake on it, #9 PMD resistor, and started working on new wheels and tires. Well, immediately it needed an alternator. No big deal. Then to get it to start when cold I swapped the glow plugs, no big deal. Then on the way back from picking up new tires, the 10 bolt blew out. Swapped that out for a 14 bolt with a 2" lift block. Then on the way back from dropping off a foster dog at its new home, the starter wouldn't crank and it started belching white smoke. Head gasket = blown. Being that winter is still in full swing and its my intent to keep the GTO in the garage until the weather breaks.

I was lucky enough to find a guy 3 hrs away willing to trade me his 93 ECSB K2500 gasser for my Blazer. I put a reasonable amount of cash in on the trade, and so far couldn't be happier. Its got headers, thrush mufflers, and according to the previous owner, upgraded heads and cam from when the engine was rebuilt, supposedly the 4l60 was rebuilt recently as well, 230K miles on it.

Here is a pic of the blazer, I will miss it, but am glad to be free of the headaches it gave me. The slope of my driveway hides the rake well. Awesome paint job too!

You must be registered for see images attach

And here is the truck I traded for. He removed the backrack, plow, and brush guard before trading. Nothing particularly special about it, and its got a heavy duty farm rear bumper that I really need to get rid of somehow.

You must be registered for see images attach

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Welcome and nice setups! How has the Wisconsin winter been?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I'll miss the blazer, but I have no need for a 6.5l, and I DO have use for a bed, so it works out.

The blazer was picked up as a winter beater, and I think it saw snow maybe 4 times.. WI winter has been VERY mild.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
That makes sense. I'm so glad my truck doesn't see snow, I took it through snow once and regretted it as soon as I had to wash it haha. I've got a lot of family in the Stoughton area and they've all said the winter has been way warmer this year.