Whistling/Squeaking Noise starting at 30mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mctwist77

Reaction score
So I have a whistling/squeaking noise which starts at about 30 mph and the noise gets "faster" as I accelerate. It sounds like its coming front the passenger side wheel. I can only hear it with my windows down, when the windows are up I cant hear it. I dont think its the brake pad wear indicator because when I hit the brakes the sound is still there. The sound is constant whether or not I have my foot on the accelerator, and whether or not I am in drive or neutral. My truck is a 4wd 98 Sierra with the 305. Any help would be appreciated, its driving me crazy. Also, the noise is not dependent on RPM, so that kind of rules out the engine making the noise.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
36 mm socket for the axle nut remove rotor and caliper 3 bolts hold it to the steering knuckle and a few good hits with a deadblow hammer and it should come off

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Fold the mirror in and try it, the drivers side of mine whistles in the wind. Hub bearings are gonna make more of a howling noise that changes as you swerve in the opposite direction of the bad bearing. Mine whistling drives me insane.