Chatter noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1994 k1500 5.7. I hear a chatter noise, like cards in bicycle rims, coming from the intake/throttle body area. I listened to it with a long screwdriver. Gets louder as you accelerate. It’s been doing it for several months & would just like to know what y’all think it is. Truck runs fine & no codes. Thanks.

Cuckfield

Reaction score
1994 k1500 5.7. I hear a chatter noise, like cards in bicycle rims, coming from the intake/throttle body area. I listened to it with a long screwdriver. Gets louder as you accelerate. It’s been doing it for several months & would just like to know what y’all think it is. Truck runs fine & no codes. Thanks.
Mine does this too; not sure what it is myself. Is the exhaust on yours stock?
Mine makes this noise on acceleration and the person who owned this truck before me axed off the catalytic converter, maybe that has something to do with it?

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine does this too; not sure what it is myself. Is the exhaust on yours stock?
Mine makes this noise on acceleration and the person who owned this truck before me axed off the catalytic converter, maybe that has something to do with it?
I have true duals and both cats.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is where I put the screwdriver end to listen.
You must be registered for see images attach