Whipple for 88-95 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Anyone want one of these? No, I'm not selling mine. I found one for sale locally, and if there's anyone that wants it, I could pick it up and ship it to you.

No pics in the ad, but I could go check it out and make sure all the important things are there, like the brackets, I could also help you know what's missing and what you could do to make it work. I have the instructions that I could also send with it, as well as helping with my experience of the install.

Sooooo, anyone want to get supercharged? It's for $1000 OBO which is a KILLER deal if it's complete. I bought mine for $1500.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't those kits get pretty specific for year model due to the trans and ECM/PCM situation? What is it on right now? I could be a player...definitely got the cash. :)

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hmm me to ill do some reasearch

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many miles are on this kit? And anyway you could get pics, or check it out? And how much would shipping be to 06706? Just a rough idea if you can

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
As far as I know, the kits for the 350 TBI motors for 88-95 are all the same. The kits for the 454's have different pulley bracket setups, and the vortec kits are obviously completely different.

One thing I should note, it doesn't mention a chip of any kind. Mine came with a computer chip sold separately by Whipple. Richard, I don't know if they would be different for different years, even if it's the same motor, the one I got was out of a '95 Tahoe, so I figured I was good to go.

Depending on work, I'll try to go look at it tomorrow or Tuesday if he still has it. I'll snap some pics and let you guys know.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds good, if its missing the chip can it be easily made by a tuner or no?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sounds good, if its missing the chip can it be easily made by a tuner or no?

Depends on who's tickling the keyboard.

A bit of data logging would have most guys with any skill pretty close from the get go.

Hardest part would be finding someone who still works in OBDI and has experience with forced induction.

They're still around, but getting fewer every year....

Last edited:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Depends on who's tickling the keyboard.

A bit of data logging would have most guys with any skill pretty close from the get go.

Hardest part would be finding someone who still works in OBDI and has experience with forced induction.

They're still around, but getting fewer every year....

Ok, I called the guy, and he said it DOES have the chip. The chip says it's for a '94, but as long as it's the same engine, transmission, I don't think it would be any different for 88-94. Not sure about 1995, because it was an oddball year and I think some of the transmission wiring was different just that year.

Wester's Garage tuned DaleGribble's truck on this site, but his is OBDII, Vortec. They do tune OBDI, though, and obviously have experience with forced induction. They recommend datalogging with TTS Datamaster.

Going to look at it now, I'll let you all know what I think of it.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ok, unfortunately, I can't buy it for anyone now, as it went on eBay.

Good news? He'd had it up on CL for a month, so he dropped the price to start at $400 on ebay! Right now it's just over $500. That's a SMOKING deal!!! I checked it out. It looks pretty good, it's missing one seal, but I think that would be pretty easy to find or make yourself. The rotors look good and turn easily, he has all the brackets, pulleys, pressure regulator, and even has some extra diaphragms for the regulator.

Only thing he's missing are the flexible fuel lines (you can make your own with stainless steel braided, like I did), and a radiator hose (I have the part # for the one included, it's sold on Summit).

So there you go. Have at it! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whipple-Sup...663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3ecb6a27

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, thanks for trying. Got it on my watch list...we'll see what happens.

What seal is it missing? And about the chip -

The chip says it's for a '94, but as long as it's the same engine, transmission, I don't think it would be any different for 88-94. Not sure about 1995, because it was an oddball year and I think some of the transmission wiring was different just that year.

Four different possibilities for a transmission in 1994. 4L60E, 4L80E, NV3500, NV4500 - of course that would be just 3 possible chip variants; 60E, 80E, or manual trans. ECMs/PCMs varied numerous times over the years of TBI so there's definitely no such thing as a one-size-fits-all chip, and since he's not the original owner of the kit and never installed it, he may not even know/remember what the original specific application of that chip was.

Richard