Whipple 1.6L 1100 cfm Twin Screw Blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The inlet elbow came from a guy who'd used it in some sort of turbo-fed blower configuration and he had run the engine once without securing the elbow, so it rotated down against the exhaust housing of turbo. A plate was cut, bent, and riveted over the hole that was burned into it. It would REALLY be best to take some fiberglass resin and coat the inside and outside of the elbow and repaint it black, or whatever color you want. I really just don't have the time to glass the elbow.....that's just how busy it's been. If someone is serious about buying it, I'll resin dip the entire elbow.....or you can do it yourself if you wanna do a nicer job by using resin-soaked cloth for a smoother, more refined look. It's on the intake side, so if you just wanted it not to leak, and still look good, just coating the outside would work. If you want it to not leak, and looks don't matter, just seal the edges of the patch with black silicone. The actual hole is only 5" x 2".....the size of patch was just overkill to help with sealing. The integrity of elbow hasn't been affected.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
As far as cold air intakes go, you can use a rubber duct hose to attach to elbow, then insert your metal pipe into other end of rubber hose. You would need a kit made for connecting to a 4" OD pipe, so a hose or filter rated for 4" diameter tubing.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Oh, and a new belt ofcourse will be needed.....not sure of length anymore, I used to know ones that would fit, but an auto parts store could set you up with the correct belt easily.

I have the 5.7 TBI setup. I used a Dayco 5061025 on mine. Just in case you wanted to know. I don't know if it'll work with vortecs or other sized engines (4.3/5.0) though.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Whipple most likely can tell you exactly what belt to use for other engine configurations.

As far as specs go for mounting, blower body is 5" tall, tbi adapter plate and lower plate together are 1.5", tbi inlet adapter has a flange that sticks out above blower body by 1/2". So it will add 7" to height of engine, measured from tbi-to-intake manifold gasket on your engine to get correct height.

I did an accidental measurement a long while back on my 95. Used a 1.5" tbi spacer, 3" air cleaner spacer, and a 5.5" tall air cleaner. The hood brace cleared by just a mm or 2. So that tells you that you have 10" of space between your tbi-to-air cleaner flange on a factory tbi, if you can deduct the height from bottom of tbi to top of tbi(where air cleaner spacer seats), add it to the 10", that will be total clearance between intake manifold's tbi mounting flange and hood brace.....as I doubt they changed the engine height on the 1500 series trucks. If anything, there may be a different height between the K1500 and C1500.

On another note, I signed a contract with a new manufacturer and got a design sold, so not in a big rush to sell anymore.

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Also, JBP(Jon Bond Performance) is a rebuilder of this line of superchargers. They should have any bolts needed.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If it isn't sold and I can't find a use for it by end of March, I'm gonna clean it up real good & do a raffle for it at the MSRA Annual Show.