Which headlights should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Off topic here. But how do you like the move bumper?

Sent from my 454

Outlaw

Reaction score
I love it, it's been so fun to build, but it seems sturdy so far, make sure to brace it to the side braces your old bumper used so it's not just hanging on to the front. I dunno if that makes sense, hopefully it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I don't think the halos are all that bright either, I like the clear ones, I got the whole 8-piece set off of that vpmotoz on eBay for $70 I think and I really like em, might put in some HID's later.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I think I'm gunna go with clears like you guys are saying, this might sound dumb, but what exactly do the glare caps do?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'm gunna go with clears like you guys are saying, this might sound dumb, but what exactly do the glare caps do?

Glare caps are useful if you decide to go to an aftermarket style of bulb, like HIDs or HIRs rather than the standard 9005-9006 halogens. If you look at the factory headlight bulbs, you'll notice that the low beams have a cap painted over the tip of the bulb. Usually black paint or something similar. That's to eliminate the hot spot, AKA the brightest central point of the beam. Keeps oncoming traffic from being blinded. Now take a look at HID and HIR bulbs, no painted caps there at all. The glare caps in the headlight assemblies make up for the lack of the painted caps. If you plan on keeping factory style bulbs you don't need the glare caps at all.

Personally I'd keep the bulbs factory anyway, even with glare caps. Our housings were designed for standard halogens, HIDs and HIRs just don't throw light the same way.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should probably get the one with glare caps considering I already have HIDs.

Unless you're planning on switching back, yeah. Other drivers will thank you.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Extremely off topic but I have a second thread and I'm not getting any replies for this question, should I keep or take off my chome rocker panels? I'm missing two on the drivers side thanks to deer jumping into the side of my pickup.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My personal opinion is get rid of them. Tacky looking IMO and they're great at trapping dirt and moisture, which leads to rust.