Bumper Brackets are confusing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rageman

Reaction score
So, I have a 1988 C1500 with an odd bumper on it. Its definately an aftermarket bumper, but it looks like it uses the factory bolt locations. I want to replace this bumper with a OEM bumper, so I bought a bumper and these brackets, but I can't make out exactly how these brackets are supposed to mount on the truck. Take a look at these pictures, and if you can, post some of your own with these brackets installed. It looks to me like I'll have to modify the brackets by cutting off the piece that extends towards the front of the truck to clear the shackle bracket. Let me know what you think.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I get home from work this afternoon I'll reach under and snap a couple pictures of my brackets. I have the regular boring stock bumper that uses the mounts you're holding in the picture. Your setup definitely looks a bit different.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go...sorry it took a while...been working late. :)