Which actuator do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna be putting a new dash in my truck soon and while I'm at it I plan on replacing the blower motor, heater core, and some other stuff while I'm in there. The heater core just because and the blower motor because it squeals real bad when it's first turned on when it's cold out.

The other issue I have is whatever actuator moves the air flow to the defrost vents always sticks for a bit after I select defrost. Like, you can hear it shift from the dash vents, but it comes out real weak at the defrost vent for a bit. Then you'll here the door I guess pop and then it works like it should. It is even worse when it's real cold, which sucks when my windshield is froze over. Haha.

I assume that means the actuator that moves it to defrost is sticking, right? Which one is it? RockAuto has one for Heater Mode Door and Heater Blend Door, but I've read that there are actually 3 actuators? Out of those 2 I think I need the Heater Mode one, but I wanna make sure. I've read it could be the door itself, but I figure it's the actuator since once it moves it works fine and it works fine when it isn't cold out.

Thanks guys!