Where's a good hole in firewall for 8 ga amp wire to go through?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i tried search but NAda. I'm sure someone has a post on this. I'd rather not drill if I can avoid that. I'm prob gonna run a 4 ga in addition to the 8 ga since I'm adding another amp for the sub later. Maybe it's a stretch to fit both but Thx for any help

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran my 4ga on the passenger side. In my 98 under the coolant container there was a little rubber plug that I peeled back and shoved it threw that. I can try to get a picture tonight once I get home from work.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran my 4ga on the passenger side. In my 98 under the coolant container there was a little rubber plug that I peeled back and shoved it threw that. I can try to get a picture tonight once I get home from work.

That's where I ran mine through. Removed the coolant tank and cut a hole and ran in it into the cab.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran mine under the coolant recovery tank the by the firewall then I drilled a hole by the gas pedal it used a rubber grommet to keep the cable safe oh I bought a box of rubber grommets at O'Reilly's auto parts and a fuse holder on eBay I also used the flexible black wire loom on the cable to make it look like factory.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put another hole in the grommet for the antenna cable and ran an 8 ga through that. And no I don't have any static over the radio.