where would you buy your calipers rotors and pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankb714

Reaction score
So iam trying to figure out whats the best place to replace my brake hardware. I have a 95 Suburban with 20 year old hardware and iam just trying to upgrade my stopping power must a bit. Has anybody shopped for this stuff thru rockauto.com or summitraccing.com? Or would i be better off shopping at my local autozone or o'reilly autoparts? any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can wait on shipping rock auto hands down. They have there own section of the forum here an there is a 5% off code in there as well. It isn't much but every bit helps.

Just watch the shipping charges as you pick out parts. If they are not all in the same warehouse you wind up paying multiple shipping charges. Once you add one part to your cart a truck will show up beside other parts. Those are parts that will ship from the same warehouse.

Generally even after paying shipping you will still save almost half the cost of buying the items at your LAP. I usually cross shop advance, auto zone, oreilly and rock to find the best deal...

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer advance auto now, but 9 years ago I bought pads, shoes, and rotors from auto zone and lifetime warranty is still honored to date, just recently changed rotors and pads. I love the fact when time to swap just just take the previous set back so I can get parts before swapping them out.
Now if you go with advance auto, order them on line then just go to selected store and pick up. Now if you spend up to $200 in your cart use promo code HUGE50 and save $50. If your cart is less that $200 but more than $100 I think not sure but use code TRT41 to save $40 bucks. GL

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm in Canada and I move a lot so its a little different.

I go for big chains and brand names.

Things like Moog, raybestos, etc. I usually get the lifetime stuff.

This way, I get quality and I usually get good prices since I get to know the local jobbers. I usually get wholesale prices since I bring in a fair bit of business or I can usually tell the counter guys more than they know so they don't mess with me.

I avoid Canadian tire at all costs.

I avoid mail order because of shipping costs cross border (they're murder) and warranty issues. I also like to hold the replacement part in my hands and compare it to the old piece so I know it will work as per.

If you're in the states its a different story...

Last edited:

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate mail order also on replacing warranty parts.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
I'm in Canada too...Can't understand the mail order/internet order thing. The shipping has to kill it......Its NAPA for me, I work there and get a hell of an employee discount.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was amazed at how cheap the brakes were on my truck, Advance auto had everything in stock and even with a warranty it was dirt cheap. I replaced everything, rotors calipers, slave cyls, if it was brake related it got tossed. I agree with the above, I like to hold the part in my hand before I leave and a warranty is not any good to me if I have to pay for shipping. Advance auto gets my money 9 times out of 10.

One thing about advance auto warranty. The computer reciept for your purchase must be shown to claim a warranty. The "ink" thats its printed with will be illegible in a short time, make a copy of all warranty reciepts. If you have no paperwork you MUST go back to the same store you purchased from. Keep reciept and its honored at all stores.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Summit racing FTW. If you order through rock auto you will get problems and not what you expected. You will probably get one drilled rotor and one slotted and drilled rotor for example. Plus they will send you parts that have been sitting around forever like 10 years. This is just my take on your question. Rock autos prices are appealing, but for a reason.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Summit racing FTW. If you order through rock auto you will get problems and not what you expected. You will probably get one drilled rotor and one slotted and drilled rotor for example. Plus they will send you parts that have been sitting around forever like 10 years. This is just my take on your question. Rock autos prices are appealing, but for a reason.

I understand you had a negative experience with RockAuto, but the majority of us have had nothing but great experiences with them. My family and I have ordered at least $1000 worth of parts from them over at least 6 or 7 separate orders, and we've NEVER had anything go wrong with any of the orders or parts.