Where to mount a CB antenna on a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
Ive got a really tight budget and woundering if one 4ft whip mounted on the front roof rack would work? any other ideas?

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
ive heard of fender flexing because of that

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a mount you can buy that comes up between the fender and the hood and sits up a ways that holds the whip. Otherwise 45* angle back off of a roofrack or mounted to the back bumper could work as well.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen mounted on the bed rail close to the rear window, i have it mounted in the middle of my roof, previous owner must of had one there cause there was a hole drilled in the roof... i used his hole, im running the wilson 5000 62"whip

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have mine mounted on the roof. mine is a magnet mount tho.

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mount it on the roof if you want the best possible reception/transmission. if you want to look a little cleaner, do a heavy duty fender mount and put a spring on it and use an antenna atleast 3 foot if not longer

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
(sry this is off topic) miniheh93, how do you like your duratracs?, thinking of getting them in a 35"

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had mine mounted on fender and it would flex but i mounted it as far back as possible. had duals but one hookd up. now have 102 whip on back bumper. didnt want it on roof like everyone else around here

you can see whip over roof in this pic
You must be registered for see images

and the duals i had. with firestik mounts. i might go to the old style mirrors and do the duals again with springs
You must be registered for see images