Where can these clear tail lights be purchased? (NEVER SEEN FOR SALE- PicPosted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok, what this post is about is tail lights i can not find where to purchase to save my life! These taillights are clear with the lil bit of red towards the top of the lens. I cannot find these on ebay or any site i know of. I have two sets of taillights like these just there is no red and not legal to have cuz they need some kind of red. these in the photo are just what i want but i cannot find them anywhere!

Can someone please help me with any info you might have?

Thanks!

Attachments

• yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 75

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they are just painted red, I know a lot of guys did that to them when they found out they were ticket magnets.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
They are not painted , they are the equivalent of the all clear taillights but with red reflectors , I used to have a set that I ruined back in the day when I tried and take the red reflectors out :nono:

And you have anymore pics of that 2 dr tahoe??

Reaction score
Here these are all the photos i have of that yellow 2dr. I found them online a year or two ago, maybe even an auction on ebay. but yeah its pimp!

Attachments

• yukon02.jpg
    yukon02.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 28
  • yukon03.jpg
    yukon03.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 28
  • yukon04.jpg
    yukon04.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 22
  • yukon05.jpg
    yukon05.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23
  • yukon06.jpg
    yukon06.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 18
  • yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 21

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you get lucky and find someone that has a set of those laying around somewhere, you're not going to find them. They're not being produced anymore. They're basically the 2nd generation of the original all-clear taillights. The red, as 96twodoor pointed out, is not painted. There was a big stink about the original clears being...well....clear, so they began producing them with red reflectors in them to cool the heat a bit. These lights could also be had in colors besides clear. I know there was green and blue for sure and a couple other colors I think. The colored lights also had the red reflectors in them so they looked a bit odd. The reflectors helped a bit, but didn't completely solve the issue since you still needed red bulbs and there are no DOT approved red bulbs out there. Most red bulbs that came with these lights were more pink when illuminated and quickly burned off the red coating. The best solution I found was to buy some clear bulbs, scuff up the glass and paint them with red engine paint. The color was nice and red and it held up to the heat very well.

By the time that they introduced the red reflectors into the clears, the Euro clear taillights were beginning to gain in popularity. The clears with the red reflectors seemed to be popular for about a year to 18 months. I used to see them all over. Then, it was almost overnight, they just all disappeared. They really had a shorter life-span than the all-clear tails. People replaced them with Euro clears or went back to stock. They've probably been out of production for at least 7 or 8 years.

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oops, now that I looked a little closer at the picture I can see the reflector, haha.