When it's raining my truck runs like ****...What could it be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent. I will be buying the AC delco plugs but do they make ac delco wires too to match them or is there something else these TBI's really like?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking through the tune up part # thread and it looks like Delco plugs and Bosch wires are the best or most often used combo. I plan on doing plugs, wires, cap, coil, pcv, and fuel filter.

Any other real easy, real cheap things to replace while I'm doing all this?

debi1973

Reaction score
My dads truck did the same thing. I replaced the wires, new distrubitor cap and checked all under hood wiring to make sure a mouse did not eat a wire .....AGAIN... I found the housing on the distrubitor cap cracked and the componets inside were corroding causing the truck to run like sh*t. After the fix/replace of parts no more issues and truck runs great.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent. I would just like to add again though that my truck runs excellent 99% of the time when it dry out. I've had this problem before but I just thought it went away through fixing some codes I had. I drove the truck earlier today, ran perfect. It just seems to happen once it's raining and I get some splashes of water up in the engine compartment.

I think the best trick will be the misting of water over each component to see what it is, but at the same time I have been wanting to do a good tune up cap, wires, plugs, pvc, and fuel filter so I dunno, I'll get after it though. I need to go out there and inspect first.