wheel well coating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am going to coat my frame with huculiner and I'm not sure weather or not to do my wheel wells too. If i do, when I go wheeling would the mudd stick to the coating bad and make more of a mess to clean up? If any of you guys have done yours can you post some pics please.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree. Rubberized stuff is horrible to keep clean. Paint works much better. I believe herculiner is hard and is smooth if you spray it or brush it on.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I used spray on bed liner first, then sprayed it with gloss black. Looks good and cleans up nicely.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Keep clean? Wheel wells?

Holy jeebus guys, they're TRUCKS!

I use rubberized undercoating because it gives rock and road protection. It wears off over the year doing its job and I usually reapply once year. Looks nice and black when it goes on and that lasts about a day because I drive it like its meant to be driven.

I simply cant imagine wasting my time everyday cleaning an inner wheel well anyways. I just have more important things to do with my time. Show queens have shiny clean inners. My truck is no show queen.

Hell, it's lucky to see a hose and bucket of soap once a week!

:rofl:

My front and rear wheel wells are rust free. Guys are always amazed a 98 Canadian truck has original sheet metal and no rust holes....

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Keep clean? Wheel wells?

Holy jeebus guys, they're TRUCKS!

I use rubberized undercoating because it gives rock and road protection. It wears off over the year doing its job and I usually reapply once year. Looks nice and black when it goes on and that lasts about a day because I drive it like its meant to be driven.

I simply cant imagine wasting my time everyday cleaning an inner wheel well anyways. I just have more important things to do with my time. Show queens have shiny clean inners. My truck is no show queen.

:rofl:

My front and rear wheel wells are rust free. Guys are always amazed a 98 Canadian truck has original sheet metal and no rust holes....

I agree with everything this man just said! I apply undercoating every year on all my trucks, even my lowered '94, works great!

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think anyone meant show truck. More like an easier way to clean our beater trucks. Its nice to be able to just spray mud off with a hose instead of scrubbing. Most bedliner type finishes hold mud and have to be scrubbed. I dont think anyone has time for wheel well scrubbin, just lookin for easy is all.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone meant show truck. More like an easier way to clean our beater trucks. Its nice to be able to just spray mud off with a hose instead of scrubbing. Most bedliner type finishes hold mud and have to be scrubbed. I dont think anyone has time for wheel well scrubbin, just lookin for easy is all.

Hose cleans mud off the undercoating just fine on mine.

Not shiny black, but still clean....

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
If they are trucks then who cares about rock protection? I made the mistake of spraying my skid plate with rubberized undercoating. It's look so bad I can't believe it. And it never comes clean with ease. Now I have the Pita task of sanding it off to spray gloss back again. My pressure washer cleans my painted parts well with a spray of simple green. On lifted trucks you can really see the wheel wells pretty well.