wheel mock-up...think I can fit these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2/4 drop Im gonna install soon (coils/leafs) but thought I would try the wheels first.

I bought some wheels for my 99 Tahoe 2dr 2wd, KMC Nova's 701. My plan is/was to run a 20x10 +18mm offset in the back with a 295/45/20 and 20x8.5 0 offset front with 265/50/20.

I wasn't sure the back would clear so I bolted a bare wheel up to take some measurements. I only have 1" clearance between the backside of the wheel and the leaf springs so at this point Im not sure what to do. I havent installed a tire yet so I can return these if needed, but damn I really want this look. and this is the only offset in my bolt pattern for 10" wheels in this style.

Tell me what you think. The wheel edge to edge measures 11", the 295 calculates to 11.6, Im just not sure if I should try one or not just depends on the buldge/overhang of the tire.

give me some advice

You must be registered for see images attach

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends, what is the wheel width that the 295 was measured on?
Usually wheel width is measured inside to inside. So your 11" wheels are probably 10.5", if that is correct and the tire was measured on a 10.5" wide rim then the tire will be .3 closer to the leaf spring. Thats enough clearance for me, I've had less before.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be tight but you'll make it work, clearances are even smaller on a lot of the F bodies I've worked on. If it rubs then grind away at the leaf and hammer the wheel well until it fits. If not then get a .5" wheel spacer or you could switch to a 4x4 rear axle which will kick it out an inch on either side.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the wheel is a 20x10, but it meausres 11" lip to lip. The tire specs for all the 295's I looked at were measured on a 10" wheel. The tread width varies slightly from each brand but overall was 11.6 on 4 out of 5 brands, some being a little smaller like 11.2. I ordered some 1/4" spacers just in case I need a little more so I hope they fit.

The fronts fit just fine, no issues at all, grease caps cleared center...everything just fine

thanks for the tip on the 4x4 axle, I never knew that, only knew it was 6x5.5

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
reply from another forum

1 inch of clearance is more than enough. i have 295 45 20 on my dads silverado and have 5/16 from leaf to tire and no problems at all and its lowered 4 inches in rear.
in rear from ground to fenderlip measures 30.25 inches and front 30.5 inches

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i think it would be alright like that but i would do the spacers. i like that wide look