What's it Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Reaction score
I spent a little time today perusing the wonderful world of cars, looking for the right one. What I would love to do is order a brand-new Ford Fusion 1.6 6-speed standard, maroon with a tan interior, but that's not going to happen at this juncture. So, my plan is to get a cheapie car or light truck until the big money project is done on the Yukon (sas) and drive it around.

Enter the 94 regular cab long bed beauty I found today. It was a W/T model, so no A/C, cruise, manual windows and locks, 4.3 V6, 5-speed 2wd plain jane horseless carriage. It was clean, squeaky clean, nothing showed any wear other than the bed, which had fairly light scratches, given the age. It had a canopy. Here's the kicker, it had only 68,000 miles on it.

But here was the problem, they were asking $6850 for it, and that seemed pretty steep. What do you guys think it's worth?

P.S. it was one of those "We'll finance anything and $299 takes it home" kind of places, that stick you with a 5 year loan at 24% interest at $100/mo. I wouldn't ever do that, but I will offer them cash for it, take it or leave it.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah thats way too much for a 2WD V6 RCLB W/T that you have to shift! i think considering the mileage the most i'd pay would be $2300 but it better be rust free in MINT cond.... like grandpa truck lol

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would print out the kbb and nada reports, walk in sit it on there desk and tell them you would give them blue book for it, leave a little room for negotiation but i wouldnt go over 23-2400

noJeepshere

Reaction score
If I go for it I plan on talking to the owner of the place, not the paid by commission salepersons, with nada and kbb values, and several other examples of similar vehicles sold in the area for that price.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
We gotta see some pictures.

No a/c
tbi 4.3
reg cab long bed
base model w/t

Around here this would fetch about $1000 with high mileage and typical high mileage wear to the inside and outside. With 68,000 I'd say $2000 at the most if it still looks brand new.