What spare parts would you bring - road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tibaal89

Reaction score
I did very nearly the exact same thing last weekend... 400ish miles from San Diego to Tucson in a '98 K1500 with 160K on it, listed in good condition. Brought nothing, picked up a ton of water so at least I wouldn't die quite as much if something happened. Zero problems including passing through Yuma, AZ and 115F temps. Wife followed me in a Prius. :Big Laugh:

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
When I went with my friend Logan to pick up my engine we drove 350 miles each way to Wisconsin in a 1989 heavy half that we borrowed from his wife's uncle. It never got above -15 that day and we had zero issues. It did make for a long day.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did very nearly the exact same thing last weekend... 400ish miles from San Diego to Tucson in a '98 K1500 with 160K on it, listed in good condition. Brought nothing, picked up a ton of water so at least I wouldn't die quite as much if something happened. Zero problems including passing through Yuma, AZ and 115F temps. Wife followed me in a Prius. :Big Laugh:

Having a support vehicle made me feel better since I was never "stranded". I had my wifes CR-V loaded down with so many tools and supplies, it was squatting pretty good!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
These days I just prefer to trailer. Nice thing is it doesn't require a helper. If the car is dead just winch it up, tie it down, and go. Only thing you need to worry about breaking is the tow rig and trailer. I like to think I keep my **** in decent working order.