What size tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this. To start with I have a stock height '93 C1500 RCSB with the stock 235/75/R15 size tires. I was looking to buy some 18" wheels for it but was not sure about what size tire to get. The wheels I was looking at are the Boss 338 Super Finish Gray Wheels 18 in. x 8 in. with 4.5 in. backspace. I don't really want to lower or lift my truck so was looking for a tire that would look good at the height it's at. I've looked up that 255/55/R18 would give me about the same diameter wheel and tire as I have now but was worried that it would look too small on there. Like it would look silly with almost all wheel and a low pro tire. Even now the combo I have already looks tiny to me. I wouldn't mind a meatier tire so I looked up that the 265/60/R18 is about 1.6" in diameter larger but 1.2" wider. Would this fit under there without any rubbing or looking too large? Or if you could recommend anything else that would work. I appreciate any help, I'm kind of lost on this, thanks. I forgot how to post pictures but my sig might be a reference to what I have now, although the back is a little higher since I took off my lowering shackles.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go 255/70r16 myself... 18's might look funny on a stock-ish truck

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I was looking into a 255/55r18s when I wss shopping for 18s on a stock height truck

Adam